Thursday, December 3, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
This small experiment was done on 300 lb. watercolor paper, the size is 3.5 by 5 inches. I've been experimenting with my materials to see what happens when there is no actual final image I need to complete. Some interesting textures happened by accident which would work great in future paintings. Most likely there will be more of these to come as I've cut five other pieces of paper this size and it's loads of fun.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Monday, August 17, 2009
Monday, August 3, 2009
Finished painting this quick study I did today for the larger 8 by 4 foot painting that I'll be doing within the next couple of weeks for a marionette show. The right side of the painting will have a house that opens up to reveal an inside room. But will be done as a separate project. Also a moon will be lowered in the spot where the clouds open up.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
Last week I got a request to make a custom sketchbook with an ocean/beach theme for the cover image. I decided to paint a mixture of plants and creatures that are found in the ocean. Instead of screen printing an image onto the cover I decided to paint this one, mainly because I didn't want to go through the process of burning a screen just for one use. I also took this opportunity as practice to experiment with my painting technique. Enjoy!
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Experimento numero uno is finished and this is what came out. I was looking at a certain artist, I'm sure you illustrators know who, to learn specific techniques. Learned a good amount of photoshop tools and utilizing layers to alter my original painting. A very useful process came out of this illustration, almost like reverse engineering. I'm quite satisfied with the process of learning how to mix digital and traditional media. Haven't printed out a copy yet to see if the colors came out correctly. I'm crossing my fingers they did, otherwise I'll have to learn how to adjust colors on-screen and guesstimate how they'll print.
Comments please, and don't hesitate if need be to tear me a new one!
Good critique, bad critique, it's all usefull feedback for future experiments.
Hasta luego amigos y muchachas.